This program only applies to non-profit 501(c)(3) organizations. Ad-ID reserves the right to withdraw prefixes for abuses without notice. Other non-profit advertisers can register prefixes and purchase codes based on the standard rates published on the Ad-ID rate card.
Ad-ID is a permission based system and each user must create their own Ad-ID log in order to access. Please create an Ad-ID Username here.
Qualifying 501(c)(3) organizations should download the 501(c)(3) Set Up Form provided below and email the form and the company's 501(c)(3) determination letter to Ad-ID customer service at firstname.lastname@example.org.
501(c)(3) Program Policy
- Advertiser must email email@example.com with a copy of their determination letter from the IRS, officially recognizing the company's tax-exempt status under 501(c)(3) of the IRS tax code.
- In some older documents, section 501(c)(3) is not specifically mentioned on the determination letter. The letter will still be considered sufficient if it contains language indicating that the company meets the requirements of section 170(b)(1)(A)(vi).
- Per the IRS "Some organizations are not required to file Form 1023, Application for Recognition of Exemption" and the following are exempt automatically if they meet the requirements of section 501(c)(3). For these advertisers, they will need to provide Ad-ID with a letter on their letterhead stating that they meet the requirements below.
-- Churches, interchurch organizations of local units of a church, conventions or associations of churches, or integrated auxiliaries of a church, such as a men's or women's organization, religious school, mission society, or youth group.
-- Any organization (other than a private foundation) normally having annual gross receipts of not more than $5,000.
- Ad-ID customer service will respond within 2 business days of receiving the 501(c)(3) documentation.
- 501(c)(3) organizations will receive a free prefix and codes.
- If the advertiser already has a licensed prefix, the prefix will continue to be used.
- If the advertiser does not have a prefix, Ad-ID will assign a prefix under the VY prefix range.
- If the advertiser wants to license a prefix that is not part of the VY prefix range or in addition to the free VY prefix, they will be subject to the standard prefix fees per the Ad-ID rate card.
- Ad-ID maintains the right to check the IRS website to confirm the company's status and to review the Automatic Revocation of Exemption List to make sure the company's tax exempt status has not been revoked.
- If the advertiser no longer qualifies as a 501(c)(3) non-profit, the advertiser will be subject to the standard code rates per the Ad-ID rate card. The VY prefix will be made inactive and the advertiser will need to license a new prefix at the standard Ad-ID rates.